My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Original Pulps

First and foremost, I am a pulp fan of old. The original pulps. But there
seems to be a strong movement on the new pulp pastiches, some of which is pretty
good, though a lot of it is awful. But I think we have to support it, as more
and more of us old timers are disappearing every year. Bob Sampson once said,
"We can only talk about Doc's trilling, and The Shadow's laugh just so long!" I
just wish the new crowd would remember "who" did all the original research into
the pulps. The Will Murrays, Bob Sampsons, Nick Carrs are the ones that laid out
the information for them years ago, but you never see mention of them by the new
writers. They are taking credit for someone else's work. A shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment