My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, October 27, 2017

Sidhe-Devil

Sidhe-Devil (SF/Fantasy)
By Aaron Allston
BAEN Books
ISBN #0671319930
Price $6.99
500 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

In this second novel in the Doc Sidhe (Sidhe is pronounced She) series, Harris and Gaby are in California for their wedding. Afterwards, they run into a criminal gang from the Fair world looking for Doc. Zeb Watson, Harris’ martial arts/kick boxing trainer is his best man, and he get’s tangled up with the weird looking gangsters. Zeb hears their story about the Fair world and doesn’t believe them, so they take him with them when they go back. They need to make sure Doc is okay.
        
The Fair world is running decades behind the Grim world in time, and this new plot seems to involve their Nazi counterparts, the Reinis, trying to take over their European nations with the white super race. There is also an Olympics type organization, and the Reinis are trying to show the world that they are the best. Zeb is entered, and he’s black, and plans on taking the gold if the white sun god doesn’t kill him first.

This was another fast, action-packed novel of an alternate world, with an alternate Doc Savage and aides fighting evil around the world in the person of Doc Sidhe and his aides. All the aides are present, and even a few gangsters help Doc and team out in beating the white super race. The author was a popular SF writer, but sadly died of a heart attack several years ago, so we won’t see any more stories in this series. However, he proves in these Doc Savage pastiches that he could have written more if he’s had time. The two published novels in the Doc Sidhe series were lots of fun. Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson

Author of THREE GO BACK

No comments:

Post a Comment