My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, October 6, 2017

Chen

Singapore 1968. A terrorist raid on a SAF armory rocks the government's confidence. Then two expatriate VIPS are kidnapped, and one will surely die if denied crucial medication. But worse is to come...this time involving schoolchildren. Chief Inspector Harry Chew knows there is no room for any half-baked response. But everyone is left stunned by the awesome, shattering climax to this truly absorbing confrontation.


Chen (International Mystery)
By Norman Price
Independent Publishing Platform
Price $12.98
292 Pages
Rating 5-stars

“A Fascinating International Action Mystery”

Chen, the leader of a small band of terrorists known as the LASP (the Liberation Army of the Singapore People) robs an army munitions depot, then Chen secretly dumps the weapons in the sea, except for an Armalite sniper rifle. Then he abducts two British nationals to hold for ransom, with certain stipulations.  Chief Inspector Harry Chew is brought in to head the investigation, while Britain sends a team of British SAS commandos consisting of two men, Captain Mark Fairclough and Sergeant Pete Smith.

This is a nob-stop action similar to the author’s previous book, RIDE A CROOKED RICKSHAW, and, again, with memorable characters.  Chen is smart and deadly, but seems not to care what happens to his team, as many of them die from their own mistakes. In fact, we’re not sure if Chen plains on failing himself, but the police team are always a step or two behind him, never getting close before he’s gone again. Nor do they figure out the reason for the missing sniper rifle until too late. The author knows how to build tension, while his characters respond like real people, not just names on paper. Even though RIDE A CROOKED RICKSHAW is still my favorite book by this author, I highly recommend CHEN as a fascinating international action mystery.

Tom Johnson

Author of ASSIGNMENT NINA FONTAYNE

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete