My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Love In The Cretaceous

Love in the Cretaceous takes place in a dinosaur park in Oregon a hundred years in the future. Ted Beebe has lost the love of his life and must suddenly find his way alone in old age. He finds young people to take the place of his wife and himself in assuring the survival of Cretaceous World, the park his wife and he created. Global warming has proceeded as predicted, and the fate of Homo sapiens has become obviously uncertain. People come to see the genetically engineered recreations of dinosaurs and are made more aware of humanity’s own vulnerability to extinction. Ted succeeds in creating a new family structure whose three generations will guide the park through the immediate future. He also keeps alive his wife’s memory while coping with the challenges of the uncertain future.


Love In The Cretaceous (SF/Apocalyptic)
By Howard W. Robertson
Anaphora Literary Press https://anaphoraliterary.com
Price $20.00 (Paperback)
127 Pages
Rating 1 Star

“Boring Dinosaur Yarn”

Cretaceous Park in Oregon a hundred years in the future. Ted & Becky Beebe run the dinosaur park like a movie studio, with actors playing their parts. There are nine pairs of genetically created dinosaurs, such as Dorothy & Roger the T-Rex pair, and Bruce & Phyllis the Brontosaurus pair. When Becky dies of Stander’s disease, Ted is left to run the park, and at 68 he needs to find a couple to take their place, and soon.

Unfortunately, I just couldn’t finish this book after buying it on Amazon. The writing is like a teacher explaining everything to students, and the class is bored to death. Even when there is sex you go to sleep. I never thought I would encounter a dinosaur adventure as boring as this. There is nothing about the characters that make you like or remember them, and the dinosaurs come out of a textbook, with the author explaining them like in a classroom. Giving them names didn’t help. I can’t recommend this book, as it put me to sleep.

Tom Johnson

Author of JUR: A STORY OF PRE-DAWN EARTH

No comments:

Post a Comment