My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Apparition

The Apparition (New Pulp)
By Wayne Greenough
Devine Destinies www.devinedestinies.com
ISBN #978-1487406486
Price $1.99
28 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“A Fun New Hero.”

Mike Johnson, the original Apparition got careless and in old age was gunned down. His granddaughter, Alicia, was helping him walk when mobsters gunned him down and shattered her spine with bullets, and now she must live in a wheelchair. In the meantime, billionaire Bryan Sloane killed David Stryker’s son in a fistfight, and the mob boss wants him dead. With the strange return of The Apparition, and new attacks on Stryker’s minions, the police suspect Sloane may be the new vigilante.

Okay, this short novelette had a lot happening, but not enough time to really build the characters. Plot twists, along with character twists, will keep the reader guessing just who The Apparition really is – until the final pages, of course. You won’t go away disappointed, just wanting more stories, and longer ones. Highly recommended for lovers of pulpy fiction with an over-the-top crime fighter.

Tom Johnson
Author of PARTNERS IN CRIME



No comments:

Post a Comment