My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, December 22, 2017

A Rebel Spy

A Yankee Army major so admires a Confederate spy that he puts his life on the line for her. What secret does the major keep from the spy? Can love based on secrets survive? Is there a future for these war-torn lovers?

Danger loving, madcap Sophie Garrett spies for her beloved Confederacy. Flirting her way through Union lines, she gains vital information for General Stonewall Jackson until she is suspected of passing secrets. She’s unable to hoodwink Yankee Major Brent Bartell. Even though his moral and ethical allegiance belong to the North, he so admires the rebel spy's courage and wit that he puts his own life on the line to protect her from prison and death.


A Rebel Spy (Historical Romance)
By Anne Greene
Winged Publications
ISBN #978-197394427
Price $5.74 (Paperback)
Price $2.99 (Kindle)
96 Pages
Rating 4.5 Stars

Sophia Garrett is a southern spy in a family of spies; She lives in Falling Waters, in the Shenadoah Valley, Virginia. During a party at her home, she meets Major Brent Bartell, with the Union Army. Major Brent observes her tapping out a message in code with her fan. After observing her using code again, he has her arrested. But he also admires this female rogue, and sparks fire, but can romance ignite between a southern belle and Union army officer?


Characters are strongly defined and grow on the reader. The writing continues to impress, and the author keeps the reader turning the pages. There is also a certain wit that takes you off guard at times. However, this wasn’t one that I cared much for. Maybe it was the setting, or time period, as I prefer more contemporary and western romance. Civil War novels have little interest for me. However, I can highly recommend this for readers of historical romance with this particular setting.

Ginger Johnson
Author of THE COWBOY FROM TEXAS

No comments:

Post a Comment