My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Cop Shot


Cop Shot (Murder Mystery/Police Procedural)
By David Delee
Dark Road Publishing
ASIN: B00AVYXRDM
Price $1.99 (Kindle)
Rating 4-Stars

One Dead Cop. Two Dedicated Detectives. And More Suspects Than You Can Shake a Wiretap At.

On a cold, rainy, March night, NYPD homicide detective Frank Flynn catches the worst case there is: A cop shot under the Brooklyn Bridge. Forced to team-up with an Internal Affairs investigator, the two detectives must work together to sort through a plethora of suspects, all of whom have reasons for wanting the dirty cop dead, to determine who shot the cop—and why—while harboring secrets of their own.

In this novelette, a cop is discovered in his patrol car, shot twice, once in the chest and again in the groin. Known as a tough, dirty cop, everyone is surprised he didn’t try to defend himself. The scene gives the impression he knew the killer, and wasn’t worried. Frank Flynn, the homicide detective, and Christian Levy, Internal Affairs are both on the scene and take over the investigation. Each discovers the other has a past history with the dirty cop, and while they investigate other suspects, they secretly uncover clues about their partner.

Some characters were a little too stereotype in my opinion, but the writing is excellent, and the story moves fast to a conclusion. I think it would have worked better as a novel length mystery, as it moved a little too quickly. However, there is a fine twist at the end, and I highly recommend this for mystery lovers.

Tom Johnson
Author of TILL DEATH DO US PART




No comments:

Post a Comment