My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, July 11, 2014

Fight Card: Bridgeport Brawler

Greetings!
Our latest Fight Card entry has just hit the virtual bookshelves…Bridgeport Brawler is from Dave White writing as Jack Tunney. The cover is by our man down under, David Foster, and the ad banners are generously provided by Bobby Nash…
FIGHT CARD: BRIDGEPORT BRAWLER
Chicago, 1953…Patrick ‘The Hammer’ White – the Bridgeport Brawler – is on top of the world. He is the current heavyweight champion confidently getting ready to defend his crown. All the training from father Tim at St Vincent’s orphanage has come full circle, and Pat isn’t figuring on being toppled from the championship mountain anytime soon.

Having seen his shares of ups-and-downs, Pat believes the ‘downs’ are behind him.  However, he has forgotten boxing’s dark side. When mob boss Carmen Amello squeezes Pat’s trainer into forcing the champ to take a dive, the ‘downs’ come back with a vengeance.

In the aftermath of disaster, with only bad choices in front of him, the Bridgeport Brawler is going to have to dig deep if he is ever going to hammer his way back to the top…

Bridgeport Brawler is another two-fisted Fight Card tale …


A copy of the novella and its cover are attached for your perusal.  Any mentions on your blogs and social networking sites are always appreciated.

Our second Fight Card charity anthology, Battling Mahoney and Other Stories, is coming together nicely for an August publication.  This time out its 15 rounds of fight fiction to aid the family of the late Jory Sherman.

Fight Card team member Jeremy L.C. Jones has arranged for Fight Card to be the focus of a college marketing project turning four marketing hungry whiz kids loose on trying to find ways to expand Fight Card’s sales and audience.  Jeremy and I had our first meeting with the group today and I am excited to see their progress over the next few weeks.

I have been in touch with those of you who have not seen your books arrive in paperback yet.  As you know, we are making every effort to put the finishing touches on the files and covers needed for you to upload on CreateSpace.  As always a signed copy for myself and the cover artist are always appreciated.

Next month, a wrestling tale – Fight Card: Push – From Nathan Walpow writing as Jack Tunney…

Until then…Keep Punching


Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment