My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, March 7, 2014

Plutonium Nightmare


Plutonium Nightmare (Pulp Fiction)
By Erwin K. Roberts (Robert E. Kennedy)
ISBN #978-0615861180
Modern Knights Press
124 Pages
Price $8.96
Rating 5-Stars

“A Fun Pulp Read”

A Master Mind, only known as “The Man” enlists the help of hate-mongers called H-8 to steal plutonium from the Hardin Power Station. The Man plans on killing the H-8 when everything is done, anyway, so he doesn’t warn them of radioactive poisoning from the plutonium, and some of them quickly get sick. One of The Voice’s personal friends, and helper, receives cryptic radio transmissions from the State Highway Patrol, and contacts him about the mysterious messages. When The Voice, a fourth-generation Independent Operator, unravels the situation, he goes after the men holding the deadly plutonium before they can kill everyone in the city.

This was a fun little story in the pulp hero mold. The Voice was possibly the son of another famous secret agent, who was forced to retire to Grand Forks, North Dakota, where he and his wife start a newspaper business. Their son takes on the mask of his father when he becomes of age. If you like pulp fiction, this book is for you. The Voice is counted among the heroic players of the past. New Pulp action, and even a descent villain in The Coral Snake.

Tom Johnson
Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment