My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Phantom Lagoon (Doc Savage)


Phantom Lagoon (Doc Savage)
By Kenneth Robeson (Will Murray/Lester Dent)
ISBN #978-1618271341
Altus  Press www.altuspress.com
291 Pages
Price $24.95
Rating 5-Stars

When adventuress Hornetta Hale is found stranded on an island in the Caribbean, she is brought to New York where she immediately heads for the headquarters of Doc Savage. There, she tries to rent his submarine, but refuses to explain why she wants it, explaining only that it involves something horrible for America if she doesn’t get it. No sooner than she arrives than men invade Doc’s headquarters, and with military procession destroy not only his headquarters but the Hidalgo warehouse as well, and everything inside. Doc and his aides are forced to retreat under such pressure.

Thus begins another exciting tale in The Wild Adventures of Doc Savage. The team is led to the Caribbean where they end up on a mysterious island; encountering weird mermen creatures with vicious claws.

When I first viewed the cover on the Internet I thought I was not going to like it, but when the book arrived I was able to see the cover up close, and all the great detail stood out. I loved it! The story contains a fascinating plot, an exciting new character in the person of Hornetta Hale, and great villains. Will Murray continues to bring us tales as exciting as those by Lester Dent, if not surpassing the original author. The writing is smooth, and the story flows easily, and there is action galore for any Doc Savage lover. I enjoyed seeing Pat Savage back in action in this adventure, and she was evenly matched with Hornetta Hale.

Tom Johnson
Echoes Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment