My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Mask


Mask (Western)
By Wayne Greenough
Devine Destinies (Kindle)
B007SCGGT2
Price #1.99
Rating 5-Stars

“An Old-Fashioned Western”

Dead Man’s Town is ruled by Jack Dugay and his outlaws. They kill and ride routhshod over the town folk. The citizens’ only safety is a masked outlaw simply known as “Mask”, who wears a black domino mask, fast on the draw, and shoots straight. When Captain Crawford of the Rangers sends young Roger Blake in to act as sheriff, he is shot in the back before reaching town. Mask and her elderly partner, Wrangler find him wounded and take him to their hideout to nurse him back to health Sworn to bring Mask in, Blake has other feelings about the beautiful woman that saved his life. But is he fast enough on the draw to clean up Dead Man’s Town, and bring law and order to the West without her help?

This was a fun novelette, and reminded me of those B-Westerns of my youth – well, it did have something of a ring to “Johnny Guitar” also. This is a story with fast guns, tough fists, a song in the background, and a masked heroine. What more could you ask for? Highly recommended for those readers looking for a trip back to Saturday Matinees and double feature westerns at the local picture show!

Tom Johnson
Echoes Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment