My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Monday, October 14, 2013

Gulf Boulevard


Gulf Boulevard (Comedic Mystery)
By Dennis Hart
The Permanent Press www.thepermanentpress.com
ISBN #978-1579623531
Price $29.95
318 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“A Fun Romp With Beautiful Women and Mafia Hit Men”

Jason Najarian, a Boston office worker suddenly wins the lottery, walking away with 19 million dollars. He leaves his boring job, buys a beach home in the Florida Keys, and his life makes a complete turn-around. But things may not be for the better. Now, with the sudden windfall, his ex wife, who left him for a muscle-head gym instructor, wants in on the money and comes after him. And to make matters worse, none of his new neighbors seem to be what they are supposed to be. In fact, the jolly fat man just might be a Mafia hit man running from the mob, and the French poet could be just about anything. Then there is the old lady with the pie, a young daughter and two ugly sons who look like gangsters. He does know the beautiful Indian girl, nicknamed Running Bush, is the woman of his dreams – well, maybe.

Okay, there really isn’t much of a mystery to the story, except for who is who, and what is really going on. The hit man made a bad mistake on his last assignment, and now there is a contract out on him, so things are pretty hot around the beach. How can a sudden millionaire find so much trouble in paradise? But the author gives us an enjoyable read, with fascinating characters, and cool plot, written with humor and realistic dialogue. Highly recommended for a quiet weekend reading.

Tom Johnson
Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment