My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, September 20, 2013

Jim Anthony, Super Detective


Jim Anthony, Volume #1 & 2. (Paperback for each $29.95, and hardback $39.95 each). Available from Altus Press and Amazon, these two volumes feature the superman Jim Anthony in three novels per volume, running in chronological order. Volume #1 contains “Dealer In Death”, from Super Detective, October 1940; “Legion of Robots”, Super Detective, November 1940; and “Madame Murder”, Super Detective, December 1940, with an Introduction by Will Murray. Volume #2 contains “Bloated Death”, from Super Detective, January 1941; “Killer In Yellow”, Super Detective, February 1941; and “Murder In Paradise”, Super Detective, March 1941, with an Introduction by Morgan A. Wallace. The stories were bylined John Grange, but all six entries in these volumes were written by Victor Rousseau.

The novels are fast-paced, and lean towards science fiction. Jim Anthony is comparable to Doc Savage, a man of great intellect and strength, travelling the globe to solve crime or stop some mastermind from taking over the world. All in all, they are a lot of fun. If you like pulp action, you’ll enjoy the Jim Anthony adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment