My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dian of The Lost Land


Dian of The Lost Land (Adventure)
By Edison Marshall
No ISBN
Chilton Books (1966)
Various prices on Amazon
148 Pages (hardback
Rating 5-Stars

Dr. Adam Weismann is forced to accompany anthropologist Karl Belgrade to a valley deep in Antarctica where a beautiful woman, Dian, the daughter of the Moon, rules a lost civilization. Here the lost race is bred for size and strength to survive the harsh elements, and the women for their beauty. Tall, the men are six feet or more, while the women just a few inches shorter, with blond hair and blue eyes. It is a rich valley, with animal furs, gold and silver worth a fortune. Belgrade is looking for fame, and has his eyes set on the beautiful queen, but he is dark-haired, and to the tribe his dark complexion sets him as an outcast. To keep their race pure, outcasts and disfigured are sent to the Cave of Death. Written in 1930, the novel is certainly not politically correct, but the adventure is reminiscent of H. Rider Haggard, with lost civilizations, prehistoric animals, fierce warriors, and beautiful women. This is a wonderful tale of romantic adventure from a bygone era. This book has been published in pulp magazines, paperback and hardback editions.

Tom Johnson
Echoes Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment