My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dead Wrong


Dead Wrong (Police Procedural)
By Connie Dial
ISBN #978-1579623340
The Permanent Press
Price $28.00
255 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“Gritty And Realistic”

When Sergeant Richards is notified of a silent alarm in a building near his stake out, he responds knowing the area is notorious for false alarms, but draws his weapon as he enters the alley. Immediately, a figure steps towards him in the dark, drawing a gun. Identifying himself as a police officer and ordering the man to stop, the figure continues, and fearing his life in danger fires, killing the suspect. When investigators arrive they discover the dead man is a suspended cop wearing a badge, and it’s not clear why he was in the alley and pulled his gun on Sergeant Richards. To complicate matters, the dead man is black, and Richards is white, meaning racial problems, as well as a lawsuit against the police precinct and officer involved. Captain Josie Corsino, Richards’ boss trusts her sergeant, backs him as far as the police department will let her. The investigation reveals that the dead man was working for a shady lawyer, who was now poised to sue, until he is also mysteriously murdered.

This was an exciting police procedural, and the reader follows Captain Corsino and her investigators as they search for clues to why a suspended police officer was in an alley where a silent alarm sounded, and why he drew his weapon on the responding officer? Was the dead man set up, or involved in a deeper plot they had not discovered yet? Answers that slowly come together as they did into the background of suspects and uniformed officers.

The reader will like the characters as they have a feel of reality, and the 27-year veteran police author brings authentic police jargon to the dialogue, making the tale gritty and realistic.

Tom Johnson
Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment