My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, March 1, 2019

Tom's Interview With Douglas Sandler

Tom’s Interview With Douglas Sandler.

Tom: Let’s start off by introducing you to everyone. Tell us your name. What is your age?

Douglas: douglas sandler

Tom: Where are you from? Brooklyn, ny


Tom: A little about your self (ie, your education, family life, etc.).

Douglas: graduated from Fla state univ, gulf coast state college and gulf coast community college. Dysfunctional family life, served in the us navy 1984-86 before non-service related injury ended career.

Tom: Tell us your latest book news.

Douglas: I am waiting to be able to afford the book cover to the last book in the Bad Memories series which is the prequel to the first book. The only reason it is the third book in the series is that it deals with the abuses that occurred at Pennhurst, Letchworth Village and Willow Brook and to have a protagonist fight for the patients that did not happen in real life.

Tom: When and why did you begin writing?


Douglas: I started writing 1999 and only started publishing my books in 2015. I wrote essays, papers and reports in college which helped my overall writing skills. I want to write as I can express myself better in writing that verbal, but I am getting better at public speaking.

Tom: When did you first consider yourself a writer?

Douglas: when I wrote my first poem in 1973

Tom: What inspired you to write your first book?

Douglas: I don’t know I just decided to write it.


Tom: How did you come up with the title? The Bad Memories title came from the events the actual people suffered at those places and during the dark ages of mental health care and I realized that they would have bad memories. The A Kiss Before Strangling, well that came from the first book.

Tom: Do you have a specific writing style? Is there anything about your style or genre that you find particularly challenging?

Douglas: I just write and occasionally I do an outline but rarely and finding new stuff that I find interesting. I am focusing now on book sales and short stories.

Tom: How much of the book is realistic and are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?


Douglas: The Bad memories series is based on real life events that happened and the western and A Kiss B4 Strangling is just fiction

Tom: To craft your works, do you have to travel? Before or during the process?

Douglas: The A Kiss B4 Strangling series the first two books were set in a fictious city I created from my mind. At the end of book 1 I had characters, city and background so I did book two in same city. I then realized that another author told me he wrote his books set in his home town, so book three I wrote in Panama City making my detective retire, but soon the serial killers find him again.

Tom: Who designed the covers? I buy pre-designed covers and just add title and my name to them

Tom: Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

Douglas: No not really I just want them to enjoy the stories and escape from their dull lives.

Tom: Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?  Who is your favorite writer, and what is it about their work that really strikes you? 


Douglas: The only authors I like are Edger Allen Poe, David Eddings, Shakespeare, Michael Morris, George Orwell
REPORT THIS AD
Tom: Outside of family members, name one entity that supported your commitment to become a published author.

Douglas: no one does

Tom: Do you see writing as a career?

Douglas: no I don’t

Tom: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

Douglas: no

Tom: Did you learn anything during the writing of your recent book?

Douglas: no

Tom: If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the lead?

Douglas: don’t know

Tom: Any advice for other writers?

Douglas: do not quit and get a degree as when you have to write essays, research papers and a thesis statement it helps you learn to write and say what you mean to.

Tom: Anything specific you want to tell your readers?


Douglas: please buy my books. If you’re not an author, you don’t understand the sweat and tears you put into a book and that it is not easy to find a subject that hasn’t already been covered by others.

Tom: What book are you reading now?

Douglas: nothing now

Tom: Do you remember the first book you ever read?

Douglas: where the wild things are

Tom: What makes you laugh/cry?

Douglas: can’t think of anything

Tom: Is there one person, past or present, you would love to meet? Why?

Douglas: William Shakespeare to find out how he wrote his stuff and still remained popular for 600+ years.

Tom: Do you have any hobbies?

Douglas: stamp collecting and painting

Tom: What TV shows/films do you enjoy watching?

Douglas: Babylon 5, Burn Notice, Wiseguy, Count of Monte Cristo, Kill Bill

Tom: Favorite foods, colors, music?

Douglas: Chinese, Mexican, Greek food. AC/DC, Kiss, Joan Jett, Ozzy Osborn, Meatloaf, Led Zeppelin

Tom: Imagine a future where you no longer write. What would you do?

Douglas: can’t think of anything

Tom: Lists your blogs or websites below where readers can visit for updates, events and special offers?

I am on Facebook as douglassandlerauthor

I am on twitter as @douglas5102

No comments:

Post a Comment