My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Earthweeds

It's not the end of the world - it's the start of something new, and its origins are both puzzling and terrifying.
A green fog descends over every major city in the world, and the populations disappear one by one. By nightfall, every living soul in every metropolis is gone. Earth grinds to a halt. Only a few stragglers are alive in the rural countryside. When Sam and his brother return from a mountain camping trip, they find only empty city streets. Alone, they look for any survivors to give them answers. 
The next day, lizards the size of Komodo dragons flood the city and attack the remaining humans. When these creatures are confronted by giant spiders, the two species fight each other for the remaining food supply.... with the humans caught in the middle. 


Earthweeds: Sons of Neptune Book 1 (YA/SF/Apocalypse)
By Rod Little
Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN # 978-1547268566
356 Pages
Price $13.99 (Paperback)
Price Free (Kindle)
Rating 5-Stars

Brothers Shane and Sam have been camping in the woods when they discover a suicide. They decide to drive back into town to report the man’s body in the woods, but they find the town eerily quiet. It’s as if the whole town has been evacuated. Soon they meet up with other young people: Ken, Tina, Camila, Lucy, Lily, Mark, and Bohai Chen. It appears the town wasn’t evacuated, but that something alien has changed people into giant lizards. This same virus has also turned small spiders into giant spiders. The lizards are eating people and animals that survived, and the spiders are fighting the lizards. And the spiders want help from the young people. Bohai talks to animals and understands them, so the spiders work through him to recruit the others to help fight the lizards. Sam has a super hero ability, he can spark electricity and throw electrical balls at the enemy.

Okay, apocalyptic stories are not my cup of tea, nor is zombie viruses or viruses that turn people into lizards, but this story kept me turning the pages. And when I had to put it down for meals, I was anxious to get back to the adventure, that’s how interesting this story line is. It was well written, and the pace never slowed. It’s definitely aimed at the young adult, with a touch for the superhero crowd. There are some nice twists at the end of this yarn, and I see there is a sequel. Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson

Author of WORLDS OF TOMORROW

No comments:

Post a Comment