My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, February 2, 2019

Dark City

Wife. Mother. Friend. Missing Person.
Rebecca Gilmore went out last night. She didn’t come home.
With the vicious Adultery Killer still on the loose, Detective Charlie Cooper is paying special attention to missing women. As he investigates Rebecca’s disappearance, he soon realises everyone close to the suburban housewife has something to hide. Is this the work of the elusive serial killer, or someone closer to home?
A tale of families, greed, corruption, and murder, Dark City is the prequel novella to the Dark Series.


Dark City (Murder Mystery/Police Procedural)
By Catherine Lee
Independent Publishing Platform
ASIN #B01DTRFUY6
Price $2,99 (Kindle)
155 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

A contemporary setting in Sydney, Australia: Rebecca Gilmore, a 52-year-old wife disappears, and believed to be the victim of the notorious Adultery Killer, a killer who targets wives having adulterous affairs.  Detectives Charlie Cooper and Russell Stockton, the detectives on that case are assigned to the missing Rebecca Gilmore case, because it sounds like it’s the Adultery Killer at work again.

The detectives begin uncovering evidence that sets the case apart from the serial killer, and start looking closer at Rebecca’s life and friends, and discover more to the case than meets the eye.

In this prequel to the Dark City series, this was a fast-paced and interesting murder mystery that introduces many of the characters that will continue in the coming series. There are some good twists, but the reader will not be surprised at the conclusion. Highly recommended for readers of police procedurals and murder mysteries.

Tom Johnson

Author of CAENIVAL OF DEATH

No comments:

Post a Comment