My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, September 1, 2017

Alien Species Intervention

Alien Species Intervention (SF)
By J. K. Accinni
Books 1-3
ASIN # B00GS2W6T2
J. K. Publishing
Price – Free On Kindle
517 Pages
Rating 1-Star

“Could Not Finish The Book”

I loved the premise and the cover of this book, and I always take a chance on Free SF books, but sadly this one didn’t prove to be a good read. As much of the book I read was 90% tell, and 10% show, which turned me off from the very beginning, then add to that it read like a 1950s True Confession magazine, not a good science fiction novel. Basically, Netty escapes from her abusive husband and returns to her farmhouse where she hopes to salvage her life and rebuild the old house she grew up in. On her trips into the forest, she loses a special coin down a crevice, and digs down for it. Inside is a huge cave and she finds a strange animal that looks dead. Picking it up she cuddles it, and suddenly it is alive, and they soon bond. At first she believes it’s a forest animal resembling a squirrel, but it isn’t. It has horns and its head rotates completely around on its shoulders. Taking it home, after awhile she begins to change, becoming healthier and her complexion improves, plus the creature she now calls Baby communicates through telepathy. The alien doesn’t remember what its mission was, but whatever Netty needs, it provides, giving life to dead seed, trees, and other dead animals. A shame the story line wasn’t more interesting, as the concept was good. I wasn’t able to finish the first story, but I hope it improved with the second and third stories. I can’t recommend this book in good faith, but some might find it enjoyable.

Tom Johnson

Author of THESE ALIEN SKIES

No comments:

Post a Comment