My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Rock Garden


Rock Garden. When we moved to this new house in November 2007, we fixed a rock garden in front, and placed artificial flowers and an artificial ficus tree, instead of trying to grow real flowers. After this picture was taken I added animal skulls and turtle shells I picked up here and there. These were cleaned and shiny, and looked neat in the rock garden. Yesterday, I noticed a neighborhood dog outside the window in the rock garden and was wondering what it was doing. I quickly found out when it raced off with a shiny skull in its mouth (groan). I guess the poor thing has been stealing my skulls all along, and I just hadn’t noticed. Needless to say, since 2007 the weather has destroyed the artificial plants, and I’ve lost some rocks over the years, so my rock garden no longer looks as nice as it once did. I will buy more white rock, but I’m moving my skulls and stuff to the fenced-in backyard. LOL  

No comments:

Post a Comment