My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Little Bit

Little Bit (Juvenile SF)
By Thomas Owen
Create Space
ISBN #978-1500426668
Price $5.36
66 Pages
Rating 4-Stars

“Though Aimed At Juvenile Readers, Fun For All Ages.”

An alien spacecraft explodes in space, and then enters into our atmosphere, and crashes into the sea near a small village. An alien Pet is ejected as it’s falling, and when the cage accidentally opened as it hits rocks, the shape shifter hides within the rocks. It’s not long before a woman and her pet cat walk along the beach looking for items the night’s storm may have washed on shore. The cat, TC, sniffs out the alien pet, and the creature quickly assumes its shape before the woman finds it. Thinking it’s a poor stray cat washed up from the sea, the woman takes it home with her. Now, the alien cat attempts to fit in, learning how to act like a cat. Meanwhile the crew of the disabled spaceship have been rescued, and now they’re looking for their pet. And the military has discovered the alien cage it arrived in, and know it’s not of this world. Fearing a possible virus or something equally deadly, they quarantine the village and start a door-to-door search, taking all the animals for testing.

This was a short, but fun little tale, and though aimed at juvenile readers, all ages will like it. A cat person’s delight. Highly recommended for any animal lover.

Tom Johnson

Author of THESE ALIEN SKIES

No comments:

Post a Comment