My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Letter From Junior High School


I recently received a very nice letter from Betsy McMahaman, the Secondary & Elementary Librarian of the Haskell I.S.D., one of the school libraries where I donated some of my books, including “Three Go Back”, published by NTD.
Tom

Dear Mr. Johnson,

On behalf of the students and faculty of Haskell Junior High, I want to thank you for your generous donation of THREE GO BACK to the Junior High Library. This looks like just the right combination of science fiction and adventure to grab the interest of our Junior High kids. It has been added to that collection for all to enjoy.

We appreciate your work in providing a good story that should spur this age group on to more reading. Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Betsy McMahaman
Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment