My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Monday, April 8, 2013

Book Signing


Book Signing in Haskell, Texas, April 6th. We had an enjoyable time visiting with the good people of Haskell and talking books. There was a lot of interest in my books, and we sold over $120.00 worth, and was interviewed by the newspaper. Hopefully, we will be invited back.

I wore my fedora to promote my books set in the 1930s and 1940s. I had 19 different books with me, but the table was too small for that many. I sold two copies of Cold War Heroes, two copies of Three Go Back, a copy of Pulp Echoes, Pulp Detectives, Exciting Pulp Tales, Shadowhawke, Double Danger Tales #64, Startling Stories with my story, What Goes There, and maybe some other stuff. The store took 20% of my sales, but it was worth it to introduce my books to a small town without access to new books.


Even as we were closing up, and had the books already packed, we were selling books. Again, the people treated us very nice in Haskell.

No comments:

Post a Comment