My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Adventure of the Dux Bellorum

Intelligence agent Lucy Harker receives the most dangerous job in the world — keeping Winston Churchill safe in the Great War. Despite her unique abilities as Dracula's daughter, she loses Churchill to Kaiser Wilhelm's inhuman allies. If she's to recover Britain's greatest leader, Agent Harker must gain the aid of her Austrian lover, Countess Karnstein — better known as Carmilla. But the notorious vampire is keeping secrets that might doom the British Empire.


The Adventure of The Dux Bellorum (Feminism SF)
By Cynthia Ward
Aqueduct Press
ISBN #978-1619751537
Price $12.00 (Paperback)
Price $5.95 (Kindle)
156 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

In this alternate history of WWI, Lucy Harker is ordered by M of the British Secret Service to guard Lt/Col Winston Churchill while he resides with his men on the front lines. Dr. Kruger, the German scientist who fights against the allies, has created a pack of wolfmen, and they attack Lucy, leaving her dead, and carrying off Churchill. When her lover arrives and brings Lucy back to life, they set off searching for Dr. Kruger’s new lab in the mountains. Here a fierce battle ensues, and single-handed, Lucy fights and kills the Mahars of Pellucidar and pterodactyls before reaching Churchill, and we see Lucy in magnificent form. You see, Lucy is a dhampir – a vampire killer.

This well written short novel is a sequel to The Adventures of the Incognita Countess. Lucy’s father was actually Dracula, but she is also related to Sherlock Homes and has his investigative ability, plus we see men and women, British and German, react to the British spy. The fight in the mountains with Mahars and pterodactyls shows her true strength and ability against great odds. I can highly recommend this book for its great characterization and action in an alternate universe.

Tom Johnson

Author of The Masked Avenger

No comments:

Post a Comment