My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Monday, December 3, 2018

Recipe For A Husband

Maine 1940 - Nessie McDonald, daughter of a recently deceased lighthouse keeper seeks a husband by Thanksgiving to share the work and responsibility of warning sailors off the rugged Maine coast. She advertises in the Bar Harbor News for a husband and cooks gourmet dinners for each would-be husband’s interview. 
Kyle Cameron, the injured seaman she rescues from the sea, doesn’t qualify because he must return to his home in Australia to run his enormous sheep station. Yet Kyle, lying on a cot in the kitchen with a broken leg, points out each of Nessie’s aspiring husband’s unsuitability by reading spiritual advice aloud from Lady Jane’s New England Cookbook, Nessie’s mysteriously discovered heirloom. Kyle pokes fun at each applicant suitor with hilarious Aussie advice.
When Kyle must return home, he cooks up a recipe of his own.


Recipe For A Husband (Historical Christian Romance)
By Anne Greene
Winged Publications
ISBN #978-1724131164
Price $6.47 (Paperback)
Price $2.99 (Kindle)
91 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“A Tender Love Story Packed With Humor”

The story is set in Bar Harbor, Maine in 1940. Nessie McDonald wants a husband by Thanksgiving, and when she rescues Kyle Cameron who washes up from the sea, she thinks maybe God heard her prayer. Nessie helps her blind mother operate the lighthouse after her father dies. In the meantime Nessie advertises in the paper for a husband, and cooks special meals for each perspective male that answers the ad. Kyle may not count, as he plans on returning to his sheep farm in Australia.

I love this author’s writing. Her tender love stories are packed with humor at times, and never vulgar. The characters always give credit to God for His Blessings, and the stories pack a sweet romance that entertains and not shock. They are clean and full of love. Highly recommended.

Ginger Johnson
Author of COWBOY FROM TEXAS



No comments:

Post a Comment