My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Texas Law

1879 – San Antonio, Texas. Stagecoach robbers steal the mortgage money from Cat Devine, the rancher’s daughter. Cat’s father hires a Pinkerton detective to restore the money and protect his daughter from the disfigured desperado who threatens to kidnap Cat and take her for his woman. Travis McGuire, the Pinkerton Detective, is a man to be reckoned with. He faces down a flood, gunfights, and Cat’s father. But can he restore Cat’s sullied reputation? Cat Devine confronts stage robbers, her demanding father, and gossiping neighbors. But can she resist Travis McGuire, a hero with a heart as big as his Texas home. He’s a man who wears a star and upholds his commitment.


Texas Law (Western Romance)
By Anne Greene
Winged Publication
ISBN #978-1946959814
Price $6.27 (Paperback)
Price $2.99 (Kindle)
118 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“The Author Can Tell A Good Yarn”

The author sent me a copy of the book for an honest review. The story is set in San Antonio in 1879 after the hard days of settling the West, and when towns and cities were building. But they were still experiencing the occasional outlaw hold-ups. Our main characters, Cat Devine, a rancher’s daughter, and Travis McGuire, a Pinkerton detective are brought together when the stagecoach Cat is on is robbed by outlaws, stealing her mortgage money, and her father hires the Pinkerton detective to get the money back and take care of the outlaws.

This was a rip-roaring western adventure by a multi-genre author who knows how to tell a good yarn. Texas Law was an enjoyable romance told by Anne Greene. Ms. Greene had my interest with the front cover and kept me reading to the end. The author is also a Christian, and like all of her books, her characters seek God in their final solutions. This story was no exception. I appreciate well-written stories with a touch of Christian morals in my reads, and Anne Greene never fails to entertain. Highly recommended.

Ginger Johnson

Author of COWBOY FROM TEXAS

No comments:

Post a Comment