My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The Apothecary's Shop

Venal physicians and legitimate healers, unscrupulous relatives, mystics and apothecaries, wealthy nobility and the wretched poor, undertakers, Eastern merchants, African slave traders, each plays a role this ingeniously constructed mystery set in the busy and licentious trade port of Venice.


The Apothecary’s Shop (Mystery)
By Roberto Tiraboschi
Europa Editions
ISBN #978-1609454173
Price $14.40 (Paperback)
Price $8.69 (Kindle)
336 Pages
Rating 4-Stars

I was given a book by the publisher for an honest review. When a young girl of a noble Grimani family disappears, the family scribe, Edgardo goes in search of her. This is Venice of the 12the century, and Edgardo isn’t in the best of health. The investigation takes him and Dr. Abella to an occult apothecary where desperate patients seek questionable medical cures.

This was an interesting mystery that kept me turning the pages, but I must admit the time period held no interest for me. However, I highly recommend this for mystery fans the world over.

Tom Johnson
Author of THE MAN IN THE BLACK FEDORA


No comments:

Post a Comment