My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Reaper's Run

When US Marine Sergeant Jill Repeth's blown-off legs begin to regenerate, she thinks it's a medical miracle. But the breakthrough that heals her war injuries is exactly what the government desperately wants to quash - by any means necessary. Hunted, she must cross an America wracked by strife to try to find a family who may already be dead, searching for the inhuman secret of what started it all.
Reaper's Run is an origins story and apocalyptic novel, the beginning of one warrior's journey from tactical cop to freedom fighter and beyond. It leads the reader into the acclaimed Plague Wars science fiction series.


Reaper’s Run (SF/Thriller)
By David Vandyke & Ryan King
Plague War Book #1
Castalia House
ISBN #978-9527065983
Price $14.99
222 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“Well Written, And Memorable Characters.”

Marine Sergeant Jill “Reaper” Repeth was given a “wounded warrior’s” a ticket on a cruise ship for her injuries. A Marine Military Police trained in quick reaction SWAT tactics. She lost both legs below her knees. The cruise seemed like a good thing until the passengers came down with the new Eden Plague; a plague that healed. Unfortunately, the government doesn’t want the healing plague, and they target the ship for destruction. But Jill escapes before the ship is destroyed, with three thousand passengers killed by a missile. She plans on heading home, to California, but hears that nukes were dropped on L.A. and other areas. Now she needs to survive as her legs slowly rejuvenate, growing again.

This is her story of traveling across America, a homeland filled with S.S. (Security Services) and Unionists out to kill or imprison the Sickos, as those with the Eden Plague are called. Captures and escapes, and the people she meets along the way tell her story. It’s her knowledge of police and military tactics that keeps her motivated to continue her long journey to find others in her own predicament.

Okay, this one surprised me. I was an Army MP with the same training as the main character, so I found this novel a treat from the first page to the end. So how could I not like it? This was a well-written story, with a main character that was three-dimensional, and other characters that kept me interested and turning the pages. One of the best apocalyptic action yarns I’ve read in a long time, and one I highly recommend.

Tom Johnson

Author of PANGAEA: EDEN’S PLANET

No comments:

Post a Comment