My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, June 24, 2016

Wicked Tales of Horror

Compilation Of Short Horror Stories And Urban Legends. FIRST CONTACT: An Army Major working at the Pentagon is invited to join a secret society of the Illuminated elite. Just by fate, he finds himself right in the middle of an event that changed the course of history. WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR: A music engineer, wannabe Rapper. Will do anything to be like his Super Star friend. Even sell his soul. THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS:The Johnson's daughter falls ill after being exposed to an antique book. The side effects turn out to be deadly at their Christmas eve party.

Wicked Tales of Horror: First Contact Volume IV (Horror)
By Mark Rich
Kindle
$0.99
30 Pages
Rating 1-Star

“The Horror Is In The Writing.”

This short story collection has three interesting titles, and a neat cover that drew me to the book. Unfortunately, the writing was simply bad, the spelling poor, commas out of place, and the syntax so terrible I couldn’t force myself to complete the book. The author is either uneducated, or has a poor understanding of grammar and sentence structure. Thankfully, the book was free on Kindle when I picked it up or I would have demanded my money back. With this listed as Volume IV, could there really be three previous short story collections by this writer out there? I hope the author will consider taking the book down and let an editor look over the manuscript to offer advise or help before the book is actually on sale for $0.99, which will guarantee a lot of complaints. I cannot recommend this book to anyone in its current form.

Tom Johnson

Author of THESE ALIEN SKIES

No comments:

Post a Comment