My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Spy Killer

This story takes place in the then Shanghai which is occupied by the Japanese troops before the rule of the Chinese Communist Party. Kurt Reid is farmed as a killer and has to flee to Shanghai, where many new things emerge which is full of mystery as a result of the open and secret strife among the few forces. When he was taking refuge in the tea house, Kurt Reid saved a girl named Varinka Savischna from the Republic of Belarus and later met his old acquaintance Annie. Unfortunately, he was caught by the Chinese villains and had to make a deal with them: to kill a Japanese spy to get the evidence that may help prove that he is innocent.

Spy Killer (Adventure/Thriller)
By L. Ron Hubbard
ISBN #978-1592123025
Price $9.99
121 Pages

“A Thrilling Spy Adventure.”

Bucko sailor Kurt Reid is accused of killing his captain, and placed in the brig. When a chance escape is presented, he takes it and jumps ship, figuring he can disappear in China. But things seem to conspire against him, and he meets a beautiful White Russian woman who asks him for help. From then on, he’s either threatened by the Chinese or Japanese conquerors for immediate death. Ordered by the Chinese to assassinate a Japanese spy, he must penetrate Japanese-controlled area, and avoid capture. Was his escape actually a set up to throw him into this mess, and if so, will he get out of it with his life?

The author is a master storyteller, and weaves a thrilling spy adventure in the heart of China during the Japanese occupation. This is an exciting tale, and lots of fun. Highly recommended to the spy adventure lovers, or just reader who love a good tale.

Tom Johnson

Author of PARTNERS IN CRIME

No comments:

Post a Comment