My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Seething

A while back there was this outbreak, followed shortly thereafter by the recently dead seething out of morgues and hospitals. That's why the walking dead are called 'seethers'. And the disease isn't spread just by bites from these risen dead, oh no. Mosquitoes can also spread the illness, so mosquito repellent is worth its weight in gold. So, it's half-past the middle of the apocalypse, and a man sends a policeman to help his wife and three little girls. Back home with the family, it's not all roses and sunshine. The baby girl is sick, and the mom has taken her to get help, leaving the two older girls alone. Well, alone except for their brave dog, Rascal. Then, as if things couldn't possibly get worse—they do. Will the policeman escape the horde of ravening seethers and make it out of town? Does the drunk he stumbles across really know a secret? Does the mom find help for her oddly cold and unresponsive baby? And what about the two girls left alone, with only a small dog for protection? THE SEETHING. A new kind of horror….

The Seething (A Zombie Chronicle)
By J. A. Johnson & K.G. McAbee
Create Space
ISBN #978-1502756084
Price $4.99
126 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“A Zombie Apocalypse That’s Fun To Read.”

Jack Randall is in the city for medical supplies for his youngest daughter, but the streets are packed with the living dead, zombies seeking ripe flesh to eat. Before he can obtain the medicine, the zombies are upon him. But a policeman comes to his rescue, killing the dead a second time. It doesn’t help, however, as one bites Jack, turning him into a living dead also. Now the cop must kill him. Jack, before dying tells the cop to see after his wife and daughters, not knowing the secret the policeman carries.

I don’t normally read zombies, werewolves, vampires, and horror novels, but anything that K.G. McAbee writes is going to be good. Plus, I’ve read Jim Johnson’s work before also, and knew this was going to be a story with a plot, action, and good writing. I wasn’t disappointed. The story never slowed down, the zombies plodded forward always after ripe flesh, and little could stop them. I knew going into the story that there would be few, if any survive by the end, but there is always hope, even in a zombie apocalypse. Highly recommended for the horror genre, and readers who just love a well-crafted yarn.

Tom Johnson
Author of CARNIVAL OF DEATH

No comments:

Post a Comment