My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Heliotrope

"The human genome is a random accident that needs an upgrade. She is going to give it to you whether you want it or not."


Heliotrope (SF)
By CG Blade
Pseudosynth Publishing
ISBN #978-1973224860 
Price $8.25 (Paperback)
199 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

This one had me confused most of the way through, but that’s not hard to do. Heliotrope appears to be tying all the books together. Charles and Jere Verner start their life together very much in love, both are scientists, and working on their own projects. When Jere is dying with cancer, Charles has a plan to preserve her by combining her with AI technology. I won’t go into detail here, because I would mess it up. Needless to say, the author knows what he’s talking about and that’s good enough for me. The story was slow in spots, especially the trial, but it works well, regardless. I was happy to see Winter Balefire and Zuni in the story. Fans of DNA science and robotics will undoubtedly find this story hard to put down. Must I say more? Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson

Author of WORLDS OF TOMORROW

No comments:

Post a Comment