My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Blackbird

Blackbird (Murder Mystery)
By Tom Wright
Europa Editions www.europaeditions.com
ISBN #978-1609452704
288 Pages
Price $17.00
Rating 5-Stars

When a local psychologist is discovered murdered, and hanging on a cross of crucifixion, where she had died hours after being brutalized,
Lieutenant Jim Bonham on the Texas side of Texarkana takes the case. But someone high up wants him off the case and suspended for something happened a long time back. Plus the suspects are centered within the community of local psychologists and a sex club the murdered woman was running.

Jim Bonham, known as Biscuit in “What Dies In Summer”, along with Lee Ann also from that novel, are back, but both are grown now and with careers of their own. Bonham had joined the police force, while Lee Ann became a psychologist, leaving their troubled childhood behind them. Plus, there is a mystery surfacing again from their youth, which may be revealed in this current case.

The author, a licensed and practicing psychologist in Texarkana, Texas, weaves a strong tale of mystery, drawn with characters of deceptive appearance and hidden motives. His knowledge in the field of psychology allows him to create people with realistic hang-ups. It’s a story that will make you look at your next-door neighbor and wonder, could they be hiding some awful secret, and are they really sane? But, of course, you can’t tell by looking, can you? Highly recommended for mystery fans, and people who just want to read a good yarn.

Tom Johnson

Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment