My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, June 14, 2013

Summertime, All The Cats Are Bored


Summertime, All The Cats Are Bored (Mystery)
By Philippe Georget
ISBN #978-1609451210
Europa Editions www.eropaeditions.com/
432 Pages
Price $17.00
Rating 5 Stars

“A Page Turner”

On the French Mediterranean near Spain, Inspector Gilles Sebag, of the Perpignan, France, police department is thrust into a game of murder and kidnapping. The mysterious killer plays cat and mouse with the police, as if daring them to catch him, while he keeps a 19-year-old girl locked in a cellar.

The police work with blindfolds on while the killer leaves clues that only confuse them more. He sees Inspector Sebag as his main opponent in this deadly game of crime, but believes he is the smarter of the two. Even if they do catch him, the girl will surely die! And he will win the final game.

This book was difficult to put down. Even though I had to read it over two days, I hated to quit for food or rest. It was that good. I lived in France for three years, and one of my French associates told me once, “Frenchmen are different from Americans, Italians, Greeks, and other Europeans. If our wives cheat on us, it makes us appreciate them more, just knowing other men desire them.” I mention this because it has a bearing on Inspector Sebag and his investigation of the case. We never really learn the reason behind the killer’s motive, except it has something to do with his family – and maybe a sexual problem of his own. The reader follows the police as they search for clues to the whereabouts of the missing girl, and at the end they are placed on a ticking time clock to save the girl.

Easily the best mystery I’ve read so far this year, and I’ve read some darn good ones. 

Tom Johnson
Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment