My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Shadow From Jove

Here is The Wealth Seeker reprint from Jove Books. The cover is by Jim Steranko. A shame this paperback series didn't last longer. The Steranko covers were masterpieces of art. There was also a series of Tops Trading Cards released with Steranko's Shadow covers. Again, I wish there had been more. Here is Tops #L 9.

1 comment:

  1. If you like Steranko's Shadow work, you should seek out his book called UNSEEN SHADOWS, it showcases about 50 concept drawings for the covers. Most of the drawings are very tight. Many of the rejected concepts were just as good as the drawings that eventually were painted. You can usually find it on eBay.

    ReplyDelete