My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Guns Of The Black Ghost

Trained by a retired secret agent of the government, Jimmy Malone dons a black hood and cape sending fear into the hearts of evildoers, as he battles the underworld in the tradition of a modern day Shadow or Spider. Burning eyes, a mocking laugh, and blazing automatics announce his entrance into an affray. Gangsters cringe when they come up against the guns of the Black Ghost!

The vast chamber was suddenly filled with a mocking laugh as the Black Ghost issued his challenge to gangdom, and the weird mirth rose to a high crescendo, reverberating throughout the building, echoing like a wild thing in the silent void of space. Gang members stopped what they were doing, and looked about the shop like hunted animals on opening season in the woods. And then a chorus of shouts rang out as they spotted the intrepid fighter in black. “The Black Ghost!” burst from a dozen lips at once, and murderous hands dug for guns beneath their tunics.

Gunfire suddenly blazed as those weapons came up, but the Black Ghost had drawn two heavy automatics of his own, and the machine shop was thundering with the clash of guns as a battle began between gangland and the fighter in black. A wild volley of bullets sang like angry hornets disturbed by a farmer’s deadly spray of insecticide.

This is my tribute to Walter Gibson and his creation, The Shadow. Available from the publisher, NTD, or Amazon. $16.50 print and $3.50 on Kendle.

1 comment:

  1. You're better able to protect yourself when you're comfortable and knowledgeable with the type of self-defense product you're using. If you are having a hard time choosing between a stun gun and a Taser, here are important things you should know about them.

    salt lake city gun stores

    ReplyDelete