My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, October 7, 2011

Curse of The Phantom Shadow

Following is information on a short film project that our followers might be interested in. There is a link to a short video clip to view a bit of the project.

My name is Mark Ross and I am an independent filmmaker in the Las Vegas area. We are currently in production on our short concept film, Curse of the Phantom Shadow. This movie is an homage to:

Dick Tracy
Batman
Spy Smasher
The Shadow
The Phantom
Republic Movie Serials
Comic books
Pulp Novels/Magazines of the 1930s/1940s

Our film takes place in 1948. We have professional actors, some of which have been in Hollywood productions.

Until recently, we were 100% self financed from my personal savings. We are now trying to raise money to finish our production.

I realize you probably get many of requests, such as the one I am about to make. However, a mention on your blog would definitely help us with our fundraising endeavors:

http://kck.st/o7JT2f

At the very least, I encourage you to review our video, and see if it is a good fit for your audience.

I thank you in advance on behalf of my cast and crew.

Mark Ross

1 comment: