My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

The Autopsy of Planet Earth

The year is wherever your imagination takes you.
A single extraterrestrial arrives on Planet Earth claiming his race created mankind only to have abandoned them early in their evolution. The Alien, known only as Legna, has returned to reverse mankind’s downward spiral by transitioning humans to a new dynamic of peace, harmony, and balance. Gabriel Ferro, Chief of Staff to the United States President, and Dr. Catherine Blake, are unwittingly drawn into a world beyond their wildest imaginations, a world beyond Earth, beyond the Milky Way—the first humans to go where no humans have gone before. Will the arrival of a mystifying extraterrestrial save Earth from the destruction of the natural world, caused by the very society that relies on it for survival? Can the missteps of antiquity, blindly repeated time and time again, be reversed?


The Autopsy of Planet Earth (SF Thriller)
By R. J. Eastwood
BookBaby
ISBN #978-1543915648
Price $22.95 (Paperback)
Price $2.99 (Kindle)
562 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“Wow”

The author gave me a copy of the book for an honest review. The world and politics come to close when an alien is discovered. The CIA and NSA are keeping him secured in a secret facility in the middle of nowhere. CIA agent, Owen Jennings contacts his old college pal, Chief of Staff, Gabriel Ferro with a life or death message, and Gabriel rushes off to meet his friend, and is spirited away by a NSA agent to the hidden location where they are keeping the alien. From this point the story shifts into high gear, as powerful men want the alien killed, and anyone with it. Gabriel and Dr. Blake make a run across country, hoping to reach the safety of the White House with the alien in tow.

The alien, Legna, is here to right a wrong. Humans were their failed experiment, and they want to set them back on the path originally intended. To find peace, harmony, and balance. But humans have been on their own so long, they don’t want some alien race knocking on their door and telling them what to do. The president dies and Legna makes Gabriel governor of the world against his will, and forces him to start programs to move humans in the right direction.

Wow! This belongs on film. However, it wouldn’t work as a movie. This would have to be a six to eight hour mini-series. As I read this, I couldn’t help being reminded of the humorous novel, Martians Go Home, about unwanted aliens arriving unexpectedly and disrupting our ever-day affairs. But this novel, though humorous at times, is also very serious. I found a lot of the story falling into New Age beliefs, the creations becoming the creators, one world government, etc. At one point Legna is asked, “Do you think you are god?” To which he replies, “Maybe I am.” There are twists after twists in this interesting novel, but it ends well, as humans begin looking to change. To say any more would give too much away, so I will leave it there. Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson

Author of THESE ALIEN SKIES

No comments:

Post a Comment