My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Monday, September 28, 2015

The Collaborator Affair

The Collaborator Affair (International Spy)
“The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
By Jill Thomasson
37 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

Following the TV episode, THE GENIUS AFFAIR, from Season 4, Illya Kuryakin is assigned to impersonate Colonel Nexor, basically his twin, who Illya killed in the previous episode. One of U.N.C.L.E.’s agents has been discovered in a group of Nazi collaborators, and not knowing that Nexor is dead, they want to swap the U.N.C.L.E. agent for him. Illya takes the assignment, but is quickly uncovered as an imposter. Now Napoleon Solo must rescue Illya before the Nazi agents kill him. Disguising himself as a THRUSH agent, he flies a captured THRUSH helicopter into the compound. But now the Nazi’s have two U.N.C.L.E. agents in their midst, and it may be impossible for Solo to escape with his Russian partner.

Although this is fan fiction, the story is as good as anything that appeared in the MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. magazine from RENOWN. I can see it appearing in the magazine back in the 60s, and a shame the magazine isn’t being printed today. With the new movie now out, it would be great if a publisher brought back a magazine like RENOWN and released new U.N.C.L.E. stories. For U.N.C.L.E. fans, I can highly recommend this as a fun story.

Tom Johnson

FADING SHADOWS Magazines

No comments:

Post a Comment