My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Mad Money Caper

The Mad Money Caper (Hard Boiled Detective)
By R. Archer
Hard Boiled Books
ASIN #BO154X7II4
Price $1.99
17 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“A Fun, Quick Read.”

Sam Hill, private detective, receives half of a thousand dollar bill, and a promise of the other half if Sam will meet the sender. Despite his secretary’s advise against taking the case, Sam makes the meet. He learns from Alex Anders that someone is threatening to kill him, and wants Sam to guard him. Sam takes the case, and prepares to protect his client, but then everything turns upside down, and Sam may be in front of the gun.

This was another fast, and fun, read. There is profanity in them, though, so be warned. These short hardboiled tales help kill thirty minutes of otherwise wasted time, so I highly recommend them to the old style hardboiled mystery fans.

Tom Johnson

Author of PARTNERS IN CRIME

No comments:

Post a Comment