My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Dragon Creed

Dragon Creed (Fantasy)
By Susie Hawes
Recondite Publications
ASIN # Pre-publication
Price $ NKY
143 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“Dragons, Elves, and Shape-shifters, and loads of Fun.”

When city officials hang his master, Mordo the Magician, his apprentice 15-year-old Farquarte the Orphan, is unable to find work. With nowhere else to turn, he heads for Fechum the Dragon’s mountain lair, where he hopes to learn magic from the old dragon. Fechum isn’t too keen on the idea at first, threatening to eat him instead. But with more problems arising from the government authorities of Krugerville, the dragon decides to keep the young boy; he can clean out the cave, at least.

The old dragon diligently guards his treasure of gold, and keeps his eye on his new apprentice, while the city authorities keep trying to tax them or turn the dragon’s cave into a tourist attraction. Farquarte gets into all kinds of mischief while trying to scheme against the town’s people and the old dragon. Will the human boy end up with the gold, or will the old dragon cook him with his fiery breath, or will the town folks have the final say? This fantasy yarn was not only a fun read it kept me wondering what would happen next. So much is going on that it’s impossible to describe any of it without giving everything away. I will say that the ending was completely unexpected. This book is definitely for the fantasy reader, and fans of dragons, witches, and shape-shifters.  I highly recommend it for a fun read.

Tom Johnson

Author of WORLDS OF TOMORROW

No comments:

Post a Comment