My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, June 13, 2014

Unnatural Murder

Unnatural Murder (Police Procedural)
By Connie Dial
ISBN #978-1579623692
The Permanent Press www.thepermanentpress.com
296 Pages
$29.00
Rating 5-Stars

“Pure Entertainment With A Good Mystery.”

Two murders in a sleazy part of LA at first looks like the simple killing of Drag Queens, men who dress as women; but the victims lead to a powerful councilman and his office; one victim was the son of a millionaire. This one wasn’t going to be easy for Captain Josie Corsino and her team of detectives; in fact, pressure was quick to come down for hands off. But the feisty captain doesn’t back down from her job, regardless of who she is up against.

This was another topnotch murder investigation by the Hollywood detectives under Captain Josie Corsino’s command, and they follow each lead no matter how high up it goes. Corsino stays focused on the case, even during a divorce, and the return of a man in her life she is in love with. There are also problems within her tight knit group, which she has to handle and keep peace between her officers.

It’s a pleasure reading police procedurals by someone who knows the ropes. The author worked a 27-year career with the LAPD working the streets of Hollywood as a narcotics detective, and eventually became the area’s commanding officer. Her Josie Corsino novels show that experience and dedication. This is the third novel in the Corsino series, and highly recommended.

Tom Johnson

Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment