My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Friday, April 19, 2013

Platinum Review For Pangaea: Eden's Planet


This book absolutely surprised me. I was thinking it was going to be your run of the mill, done a million times, sci-fi space exploration...but boy was I wrong. This book was very original, well written, and thoroughly researched. The characters were a perfect blend of different personalities, all having "quirks" to make them relate-able to the reader. Each individual was picked for their different skills to help on this mission, and they were all perfect in the role they played. I was eagerly turning the pages to learn what "new" findings greeted the group each day of exploration. The detail the author put into these prehistoric findings was exceptional and articulate. The interactions between the characters, had me laughing out loud at times, and certain situations left me broken hearted.  By time I made it to the end of the book, I was hoping that it was going to lead into another to be released in the future. Tom didn't actually say it wasn't, but I was very pleased that he gave me closure and insight as to what happened in the following years for the characters.

 Platinum Book Reviews gives Tom Johnson and Pangaea: Eden's Planet 
 4 platinum rings. 
http://platinumbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/pangea-edens-planet-by-tom-johnson.html

No comments:

Post a Comment