My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Ghost Returns

Doctor Gordon Vincent, a 62 year old man, has lived in isolation for the last 23 years. For many this seemed normal. But little did they know, he has a dark secret. He was once "The Ghost". A dark guardian who defended the dark streets of Dawn City. Taking down the darkest of the cities underbelly of crime. Long since retired, he has lived in hiding. Fearing the day he may put on the mask again. Feeling the dark howl of a city crying out for a savior, he decides to return as "The Ghost". 6 thrilling chapters that chronicle the return of the world’s most darkest hero as he struggles to re enter a world that is more dangerous than the one he left behind all those years ago. Welcome to.......THE GHOST RETURNS!!


The Ghost Returns (Action Mystery)
By Charles Sherrod, Jr.
Independent Publishing Platform
ISBN # 978-1518637650
Price $12.95
318 Pages
Rating 3-Stars

“Needs Editing And Formatting”

Written in six chapters – actually, six novelettes are probably more correct. They are: Rise Part 1, Rise Part 2, Rise Part 3, Bloodline, The Body, and Shadow O’Mine. The story takes place in fictional Dawn City, a city ruled by crime lords and drug gangs. The Ghost had operated in the early days, I take it, but must return now in his sixties, as drugs and flesh peddlers are running the city once more.

The paperback edition I received didn’t have the titles on the cover, there was a lack of editing, and of formatting, plus the author writes in short sentences, and it was poorly written for all that. All of which is a shame, as the characters were fascinating and the plots pretty good. The book needs to be professionally formatted and edited, and it would help if the author took some writing courses. I think this character could be a topnotch new pulp character, if given a chance.

Tom Johnson

Author of THE MAN IN THE BLACK FEDORA

No comments:

Post a Comment