My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Thursday, October 15, 2015

An Impetuous Season

 Ruined by a youthful indiscretion, Verity Standiford travels from upper crust England to the wilds of Victoria, Kansas in time to see her rakehell brother being forced into marriage at the end of a shotgun. Until he meets Verity Seth Adamson has given up all hope of future happiness. But only a prairie fire can bring the two together.

An Impetuous Season (Western Historical Romance)
By Denise Domning
Amazon Kindle
BO14NE704C
Price $0.99
73 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“The Kind of Story I Enjoy Reading.”

Oxfordshire, England, August 1873, Verity Standiford is left at the Alter once again. A fallen woman because her father had caught her with a man she thought loved her. However, her father paid him off, and he left. Now no man wants to marry a used woman, and at 29 she’s become a spinstress. Her brother had recently left for America, and her father suggest Verity take her mother to visit. She accepts, and when they arrive at her brother’s farm in Victoria, Kansas in late September, 1873, they find two men with shotguns at her brother’s door. It seems her brother has gotten 15-year-old Sarah Adamson pregnant, and her uncle and the justice of the peace are there to see the boy marries the girl. There’s an instant attraction between Seth Adamson and Verity, but this is no time for foolishness.

The main characters, Seth and Verity, are strong willed, and up to the task of seeing that things get done. It was a pleasure reading about strong characters, as that’s what it took to settle the West. The author is able to weave an interesting yarn about two people from different backgrounds, who find love while dealing with the harsh land. It was people like these that brought civilization to the West, not the gunfighters and saloon girls. People who picked up hoe and shovel when needed, and faced diversity. I think that’s what this story was about. Yes, it was about finding romance, but it had humor and drama, and danger. The kind of story I enjoy reading. Highly recommended to readers who like a good yarn with many facets.

Tom Johnson
Author of HAUNTED RANGE

No comments:

Post a Comment