My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Real Dangerous Ride

Real Dangerous Ride (Thriller)
“Kim Oh #6”
By K.W. Jeter
Editions Herodiade
ASIN #BOOV73HRMI
Price $2.99
136 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“Exciting Chase From L.A. To San Francisco.”

While Donnie, Kim Oh’s paraplegic brother is in San Francisco attending a technical geek conference Kim has taken an assignment that offers good pay. All she needs to do is transport a package from L.A. to San Francisco. Her invisible contact has set her up with a billionaire named Dalby, who pays her half at the start, with a promise of the other half when she delivers the package. The package is sealed, and she’s warned not to open it, nor told what’s in it.

With her .357 in hand, she races off on her Ninja bike, knowing things are never as simple as they may seem, and is alert for trouble. Trouble starts almost immediately on the freeway, as a muscled-bound driver in a muscle car attempts to run her down, nearly killing her. Escaping from him, she’s attacked by another group in a fake ambulance. Apparently there are two opposing teams after the package, and she must protect it from both.

We follow Kim’s thoughts as she works her way from one set up to the next, wondering if she will make it to the destination, or even if she was supposed to from the beginning. It appears that Dalby may have set her up for a fall, and wants to know why, and how she can turn the tables on him while staying alive.

This was another nice action novel featuring the small Korean accountant-turned-assassin, Kim Oh. Although it seems the stories are becoming shorter, there is enough action to keep the reader interested, and I love a fast-paced quick read anyway. As usual, the author knows how to pace the action, and keep the plot moving on a smooth course. Highly recommended for mystery and thriller lovers.

Tom Johnson

Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment