My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Protection For Hire by Camy Tang

Tessa Lancaster's skills first earned her a position as an enforcer in her Uncle Teruo's Japanese Mafia gang. Then they landed her in prison for a crime she didn't commit. Now, three months after her release, Tessa's abilities have gained her a job as bodyguard for wealthy socialite Elizabeth St. Amant and her three-year-old son. But there's a problem or two ... or three .... There's Elizabeth's abusive husband whose relentless pursuit goes deeper than mere vengeance. There's Uncle Teruo, who doesn't understand why Tessa's new faith as a Christian prevents her from returning to the yakuza. And then there's Elizabeth's lawyer, Charles Britton, who Tessa doesn't know is the one who ensured that she did maximum time behind bars. Now Tessa and Charles must work together in order to protect their client, while new truths emerge and circumstances spiral to a deadly fever pitch. Factor in both Tessa's and Charles's families and you've got some wild dynamics---and an action-packed, romantic read as Tessa and Charles discover the reality of being made new in Christ.


Protection For Hire (Mystery/Action/Suspense)
By Camy Tang
Zondervan Publishing
ISBN #978-0310320333
336 Pages
Price $11.65
Rating 5-Stars

“An Action Hero With A Christian Attitude.”

After finding the Lord, Tessa is trying to build a new life after serving seven years in prison for a crime she didn’t commit. Once an enforcer for her yakuza mob boss uncle, as a Christian she knows she must turn away from that life. But finding a job, as an ex-con isn’t happening, and the police still want to harass her for her past. While volunteering at Wings Shelter for abused women, she meets Elizabeth St. Amant who is running from her abusive husband. Elizabeth hires Tessa as her bodyguard, and things get rough when it appears that her husband now wants her dead, and Tessa will defend Elizabeth with all her martial arts skills. But why does he want her dead? The answer may be bigger than Tessa can imagine, and reach into the very past she’s trying so hard to forget.

This was an action-packed suspense, written by a Christian author about a Christian character with a criminal past, and I loved it. It shows that novels can be written without sex and profanity, and Christian writers are as good with action as the next author. There is a touch of romance, but not overly done, and Tessa worries that she is not capable of forgiveness in her new life as a Christian, yet the author is not preachy.  The story is well written, and the characters come to life. Not only recommended for Christians, but highly recommended for all action and suspense lovers.

Tom Johnson
Detective Mystery Stories

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the review, Tom! I really appreciate it and I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Camy. I love a good action novel. I hope you continue the series. We need it.

    ReplyDelete