My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Thursday, October 30, 2014

End Of Life Planning

End Of Life Planning

End of life planning may sound macabre, but we should all think about it. Ginger and I are basically alone now. Our son and his family live in Kansas, and will likely never return to Seymour, and our immediate families are now gone. Only distant relatives live nearby, and none are truly close. My dad was a cowboy and cook, and we lived an itinerant lifestyle, moving from place to place over the years. I attended three different grade schools, one junior high, and two high schools, making few lifelong friends. Ginger was born in a small farm and ranch community also, and then after we married, travelled all over the US with me. Although we returned to the area we were from, retiring in Seymour, my birthplace, it was decided we would be buried in Ginger’s hometown. Thus, we purchased our plots and headstone in Goree, Texas, where her family is buried.



Now don’t get me wrong, we’re still not ready to be laid to rest, but someone has to make the arrangements for our final resting place, and who better than ourselves? Our son will inherit our property, and all my pulp, paperback, and digest magazine collection; what he will do with any of it, no one knows. On the humorous side, as a twenty-year military veteran, I am well trained in evade and escape, and I’ve already figured my way of escaping from that place! Although Ginger told me to forget it, she was paying for a concrete cover after we’ve been put under – sigh. Clicking on pictures will enlarge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment