My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Stars & Stripes - The Black Stiletto #3

Stars & Stripes (The Black Stiletto #3)
By Raymond Benson
ISBN #978-1608090723
Oceanview Publishing
Price $25.95
284 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“A Great Action Series!”

Judy Talbot remains in the nursing home, while her granddaughter runs into problems in New York. Martin Talbot is afraid that his daughter is taking on some semblance of Judy’s alter ego, The Black Stiletto. Meanwhile, it’s 1960 in Judy’s diary, and lots of stuff is going on. It’s a presidential election year, and she becomes a Kennedy Girl, working as a volunteer at the New York Democratic Party election campaign headquarters. Naturally, she discovers a Russian plot to assassinate both Kennedy and Nixon, plus she has ventured into Chinatown with drastic results. Both Russians and the Chinese tong want to kill her, and the Mafia were mere children compared to these groups.

This is a great series, well written, good story telling, with just the right mix of action and plot to keep the story interesting. Each novel records a year in the diary of The Black Stiletto, who was active from 1958 to 1963. She fought crime, the mob, spies, and Nazis, as well as Chinese tongs. She dresses in black, carries a sharp blade, a rope, and uses her fighting ability to take down the bad guys. What more could the reader want? This is one of the best new action series out today. Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson
Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment