My Blog

Retirement. Publishers, thank you for the many years of reading pleasure you gave me, but all good things must come to an end. Due to failing eyesight I am forced to retire. I can no longer review your books, and any that you send will be donated to the local library, unread. Do not send any more. I can only read for a couple hours every day, and this does not allow me to finish a book in reasonable time. I will be devoting time to my own books from now on, and reading on a personal level. Books that interest me. I prefer paperbacks and hardbacks, not eBooks. My eyesight has been failing the last few years, and I cannot handle hundreds of review books any more. My books are still available for review. Anyone interested in reviewing any of them, they are found in the Link to Tom’s Books On Amazon. Contact me for pdf copies at fadingshadows40@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Eleven Days Thriller

Eleven Days (Thriller)
By Stav Sherez
Europa Editions www.europaeditions.com
ISBN #978-1609452254
Price $18.00
281 Pages
Rating 5-Stars

“Spellbinding And Difficult To Put Down.”

Detective Inspector Jack Carrigan and his partner Detective Constable Geneva Miller are handed a case that at first looks like an accidental fire, but Carrigan believes it was arson. Ten nuns were burned to death in their convent, The Sisters of Suffering. They were each seated around their dining table, and had not tried to escape. Why? An eleventh victim is discovered below, in a confession booth, also burned alive. It’s this final victim that intrigues Carrigan. There were only supposed to be the ten nuns, so who was the eleventh woman? Clues point their investigation to Peru, following the nun’s background where they fought for the rights of the poor, even if it required violence on their part. And in London, the investigation unravels their activity helping young girls escape prostitution ruled over by the Albanian gangsters. Was the fire accidental, or was it set, and if so, who would have killed these eleven women?

This was another well-written story, with a horrific background for a murder mystery. The evil that men do can prove more monstrous than any horror novel, and leaves the reader wondering if our civilization has truly sunk so low, or is this mere fiction? Mystery readers will find this novel truly spellbinding, and difficult to put down. And the characters memorable. Highly recommended.

Tom Johnson

Detective Mystery Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment